Here it is a solution to the first 3 most common issues:
The installer says “Your internet connection seems to be not permitted or dropped out”
Cause: This error may occur when your computer Operating System is not up to date or your computer date is wrong. Another reason may be that your internet provider is blocking the connection towards github.com which is where the installation files are hosted.
Use the offline installer: barcode-to-pc-server.offline-installer.zip
This way the installer will read the installation files directly from your hard disk.
The app says “Unable to connect error”
Cause: If it’s the first time that you’re connecting the app, it may be due to your Firewall and/or Antivirus that may be block the server connection.
Solution: To fix the problem you have to check both of them:
- How to configure the Firewall
- For the antivirus you have to make sure that the Barcode to PC server executable is in the exceptions list. We don’t have a tutorial for that since the procedure is different for each antivirus
The app doesn’t find the server
Cause: The server isn’t able to announce the service over the local network, or the app isn’t connected to the same network of the server.
Go through this checklist:
- Make you sure that the smartphone Wi-Fi is enabled
- Make you sure that computer and smartphone are under the same LAN network
- Check Firewall and Antivirus as explained above
- Try to pair the app with the QR Code:
- Open the server
- Click Info, and the connect QR Code should appear
- Open the app
- Open the menu and tap “Select server”
- Tap the scan icon [ ] and scan the QR Code displayed on your computer