To make sure that Windows Firewall isn’t blocking Barcode to PC, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Open Windows Firewall exceptions list
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn’t have a Windows key, press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys at the same time.
- Click firewall.cpl. The Windows Firewall window opens.
- Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall”. If you’re using Windows 7 click “Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall”. instead.
- Click “Change settings”.
Step 2 – Add Barcode to PC server and Bonjour
- barcode-to-pc-server must have the checkmark for both private and public networks
- Bonjour must have the checkmark for private networks.
- Close the Windows Firewall window
If the server isn’t in the list:
- Click “Allow another app”. (On Windows 7: Click “Allow another program”.)
- If Barcode to PC server isn’t listed: click Browse and then select
barcode-to-pc-server.exe, which is in
- If Bonjour isn’t listed: click Browse and then select
mDNSResponder, which is in
- After selecting one of the programs, click Open.
- Click Add in the Add an app window. (On Windows 7: Click Add in the Add a Program window.)
- In the Allowed apps window, click OK. (On Windows 7: In the Allowed Programs window, click OK).
- Go back to the step 2 of the previus section